Dec 7, 2003

KGJ: EVOLUTIONS

Let's get this blog CRIZNACKIN'! KOKUGEEZAY UP INNIS BLEEZAY! FAR EAST SIIIDE!

(clearing throat) Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

No, but seriously..this is kinda phat, my own little private (public, rather) journal on the web. And here I've been typing up research paper-like updates for the last 20 months--Doh! Why ain't none of ya'll techno-elite hip me up to this blog biz earlier? I'm later than a fat woman in a footrace.

Welcome to my blog: Kokugaijin (pr. koe-koo-guy-gene). Kokugaijin is a word I coined in early '02 before I embarked to live and work in Japan; it's Japanese for "Black foreigner," a working title for a journal (and future book) I'd planned to keep during my 1-year duration in Japan. I thought it would be interesting to chronicle the life experiences of a young Black man living in modern Japan. And it was...and still is, 20 mo. later.

Since my arrival in MAR.02, I've handwritten a year's worth of journal entries, ammended by a periodic email essay/journal I've been writing of the same nomen, to keep family and friends abreast of my goings-on and to shed light on a unique experience of a Black man's life in Japan.

And now it's evolved into my first blog: A somewhat day-to-day, blow-for-blow account of the saga of the Kokuaijin. Just what you die-hard fans have been dying for! Oh, we gonna have a good time up in here!

But first, for the newcomers, a little info off my trading card:

NAME: A. W.
CODENAME: MC IMHOTEP aka ESPIRITO
AGE: 26
BIRTHPLACE: Chicago, IL USA
EDUCATION: BFA, Howard U.
CURRENT DAYJOB: Elementary, junior high school assistant English teacher
CURRENT RESIDENCE: Nagoya, Central Japan
HOBBIES: writing, music, martial arts, electronic gadgetry
POWERS/ABILITIES: multiple martial arts, including Capoeira, mind control, able to shoot photon beams from mouth and ball-point pens, extraordinary dexterity to catch flying Japanese roaches with chopsticks
WEAPONS: mics, keypads, manifold writing utensils

MOTTO: "Feeeeeel meeeeeeee!"

Okay, now let's get this on and poppin'. Enjoy.

No comments: