Dec 13, 2003

JINGA!

I had a good capoeira class tonight. We had a roda (fighting circle) at the end, and I got some good games in. I jumped into an aggressive game with Z (my instructor), and we ended up going at it for about 3 rounds, for about 3 minutes, it seemed. His skills are obviously superior to mine, but I was holding myself down, traded some good kicks and defended myself pretty well. I got tired towards the end though and Z swept my leg clean during a kick and I landed right on my butt-- Good shot. I wasn't hurt, but I was out of breath, dying for somebody to jump in, but everybody just kept watching, clapping and singing. Finally, somebody jumped in right before I was about to pass out. But Z kept going and played against 3 more people! That dude is a BEAST. Glad he's my teacher.

Yeah, I like Capoeira a lot; I've definitely gotten a lot stronger than I was when I started in the summer, but I still have a LONG way to go before I get really nice.

Tonight was probably the last practice for me until next year, as I'm leaving next weekend...I don't know, maybe I'll work out once more this week. We'll see.

No comments: